Thursday, June 21, 2012

bird by bird


   Bird by Bird was really interesting this week because I like how the author transitioned from childhood all the way up to adult years. He talked about how his father and his father's friends were all addicted to drinking. And when he became older he also drank heavy wine in order to write his stories. He made a comment that kind of sent chills down my spine. He said that even though he ended up like his father and his fathers friends, his fathers friends started to commit suicide. 
   The readings were very easy to read and very easy to understand. Bird By Bird was very easy on the eyes and it kept me wanting to read it. I also liked how the book talked about how the main character started off writing. It seems like he got alot of inspiration from her father and his father was the one that kind of pushed him in that direction. Ever since he was younger her whole family always read books at night instead of sitting in front of the Tv.
   Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to be a writer and be that heavily influenced under alcohol. I wonder what the writings would be like if the writers did not drink or smoke at all. The book kinda portrayed writers in a negative light. It made me think that writers are kind of egotistical people that drink and smoke. I do not think this is entirely true but alot of things in the book gave them this negative light. 

1 comment:

  1. ok, include more specific details and examples from the texts. 18/20

    ReplyDelete