Thursday, May 17, 2012

Readings Fo the week of 5/14

I really liked the poem "Dim Lady" because it had a comic relief aspect to it./ I didn't quite understand all of the analogies but most of them were easy to understand. I found myself creating images in my mind of the different metaphors that were in the poem. Such as," If her mop were slinkys, dishwasher slinkys would grow on her noggin". I imagined slinkys growing from someon'e scalp.
i was kind of confused about the poem "Parade" because I wasn't sure if they were talking about a parade from which the soldiers came back from war or a parade dealing with Afican Americans like some sort of rally. But it was an interesting poem to think about.
Children's rhymes was kind of a little bit too real. lol It seemed to be an African American Child that was making up the little rhymes talking about how things are unfair when it comes to the color of skin. Or maybe its an adult talking about his childhood and how things were when he was a child.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, good, say more, you should write a minimum of 3 comprehensive paragraphs that include examples and detailed explanation. 5/10

    ReplyDelete